Motherboards hold essential electronic components of a system including CPU, interface connectors, and memory, among others. Basically, it helps the parts of your computer to communicate.
Typical Symptoms of Motherboard Faults
- Machine powering on but screen is black
- Distorted graphics such as blurred colour or lines running down the screen
- Flickering display
- Blue lights flashing (HP/Compaq laptops)
- Laptop powers on and then swiftly turns itself off
Typical Reasons for Motherboard Faults
These faults can mean that repair on a motherboard is necessary:
- Insufficient cooling- modern motherboards are generally air cooled; inadequate cooling or ventilation can damage its parts or cause it to completely shut down.
- Air pollution can corrode the circuitry
- Not enough power- motherboards have two power connections; we check to make sure that both are in use
- Improperly installed components, such as the video card, processor and RAM
- A short circuit- a number of soldered connections communicate with the system, route data and provide power. Shorts can occur when it makes contact with metallic parts of the PC- that’s why the case is held aloft from the motherboard. Stands that do this may be damaged or internal wires may not be properly covered with plastic/rubber exteriors.
- Faulty connection between the case and motherboard
- Incompatibility with UEFI or BIOS operating systems
We Repair Motherboards for Any Manufacturer
Some of these manufacturers include:
- Toshiba (and many others)
Our Motherboard Repair Workshop
We use the latest technological equipment, and over 20 years of experience in computer repairs to fix your motherboard.
We offer free quotes and a ‘no fix, no fee’ guarantee. We also don’t charge for visits to you in order to investigate the problem. The choice of whether or not to go ahead with repairs is entirely up to you.
For more information on our computer repair services, contact Acomputerfield today.